sábado, 27 de octubre de 2012

War Letters

Dear Mom,
I hope you are fine. Here we are moving quickly from base to base, though there is no telling when I will come home. I hope to see you soon, I really miss you and I miss home. It is hard to get used to the idea that this is war. Although it seems like I will will never come home, I have a feeling that this will be over soon. I am fine and you don't need to worry about me. Thank you for all the letters you have sent me, they really keep my hopes up and they seem to bring me luck. I'll see you soon.
Love,
Gaetane

If I were sent to war, I would definetly write to my mom because I know that she would try to cheer me up. I would tell her that I missed her and that I thought it would be over soon. I would want to give her hope and tell her that I would be home soon. I wouldn't want her to worry about me because I wouldn't want to give her more to think about. I would keep some information away from her like how some of the soldiers had already died because that would scare her even more. The letter above is short because if I were at war, I wouldn't want to write alot because I would end up writing about how scared I was and everything that was going on. There would be no reason for me to give her more to worry about.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario