"The Man I Killed" is written from the
point of view of O’Brien. He wasn't really sure of what was going on, just as
he wasn't sure about what he was doing when he threw the grenade. I think that
he did kill him, but I also think that he really didn't know what was happening
or hat he was doing. I don't think that he did it on purpose it was just a
natural reflex, he probably could never imagine himself killing someone else.
O'Brien really doesn't know anything about the man except
for his appearance. He makes up or imagines his life and everything he could
have had. The guilt inside of him is making him think of everything that he has
probably taken away from the man by killing him. This whole other life that he
is creating in his mind shows all the wonderful and great things that the man
had and could have looked forward to if he lived through the war. All of this
comes from his imagination to make him feel even guiltier.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario