They all look at me with these enchanted eyes, the ones that seem to only focus on one particular thing. Many of them have entreated me to marry them, but it almost too easy to tell that they mostly want my money. It seems like there is no one there for me, for my love and personality, or even my singing talent. The one person that seems to appreciate me is my singing teacher, Mr. Ichabod Crane, an affable young man; always giving me sage advice and helping me do better.
Like all others, he stares at me with his enchanted eyes, but he is different. He looks straight into my face with a profound gaze and not with a ‘hungry for wealth’ stare. He listens to my singing with interest and admiration as my voice reverberates. When I’m with him, I feel like I can just be me, although there is this other man, Brom Bones, handsome and tall, that looks at me the same way.
They both seem to abhor each other due to their mutual desire for my affection. Only I can choose which man is the right one. But who? They were both so dreamy and organized, well; Ichabod was until about two days ago.
As I walked into the school, I smelled an unusual smell, like something was burning. I walked to my music classroom and realized where the smell was coming from; the class was filled with smoke. I looked around, but saw no one. There was no one to see what was happening. What was I supposed to do? Just as I started to turn around I heard a noise from the other side of the corridors, Mr. Crane ran over and impelled me outside without even saying anything or asking me to do so.
Then there was the time when singing class had just ended and as he got out of the building a dog started chasing after him.
I sent a letter to Ichabod and Brom to invite them for a party at my house to learn more about them. They came, but both of them still seemed irascible with each other. They stare at me once again with their dreamy stare. As the night moves on I look more closely at Ichabod and see something that I hadn’t noticed before, something in his eyes, like a sparkle of innocence and love. I couldn’t help but stare back at him, but he looks away for the first time and turns around. After he leaves me in the living room he disappears into the crowd. The feeling like I did something wrong to disappoint him haunts my mind.
When I try to find him again, I can’t. I realized he’d probably left and there was no need to keep looking, so I go back and find someone to talk to. The next day, when I try to send him a letter he doesn’t respond and when I go to my music class he isn’t there. I never saw him again, he’d left my house and never came back.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario