Early Sunrise- Benjamin Moore- 208460
Gaetane Lemaire
The lights turn on
And I open my eyes
As I am shaken awake
By my mother
I catch a glimpse of the clock
It is early
Outside the window
It is dark
The smell of hot chocolate
Lingers in my nostrils
As I get dressed
Into my old cloths
Downstairs,
I join my cousins
Who are already eating
Toast and hot chocolate
Outside, the cool air
Brushes against my face
As the night slowly dissolves
Revealing a dim pink light.
As Grandma drives us to the lake
The trees and cars flash by in a blur
And we all laugh as someone
Tells a joke
The water of the lake
Comes into view
And we park the car and register
As the sun appears behind the trees
First classes begin
We are taught how to put up our sails
How to change directions
How to control the speed
Boats are lifted into the air
By strong arms
And are placed on the cold
And dirty water
I sail off along with my cousins
On the lake slowly lighting up
As the sun rises

I love the journey that your poem takes the reader on. It is so full of imagery and reminiscent of family closeness.
ResponderEliminarREMOVE YOUR WORD VERIFICATION